Lower Baker Dam
Completed in 1925 and raised to 293 feet in 1927, it was the highest hydroelectric dam in the world at that time.
Washington Portland Cement Plant Site
Concrete’s first cement plant, constructed in 1905. At that time, the community east of the Baker River was called “Cement City”. A limestone quarry is over the hill to the north.
Superior Portland Cement Site
Now known as Silo Park, this was the site of Concrete’s second cement plant, completed in 1908, and later operated by Lone Star Northwest until 1967. Remaining structures include the silos, office building, power generator building, and safety sculpture.
Great Northern Railway Corridor
The railroad from Sedro-Woolley reached Concrete in 1900, opening the Concrete area for commerce. Tracks were removed in 1996, creating Skagit County’s Cascade Trail. The Skagit County Railway still includes an engine and a historic passenger car.
Built in 1923, its stage has entertained audiences from vaudeville to the movies. It is listed on the State Registry of Historic Sites. Currently open and operating.
Town Hall And Library
Built in 1908, this building was Concrete’s first schoolhouse, originally located across from the State Bank of Concrete.
Henry Thompson Bridge
Built in 1916-1918, it was named for the Skagit County Commissioner who promoted its construction. At the time, its graceful arch was the longest single-span cement bridge in the world, and is listed on the National Historic Register.