Helpful Resources for Visitors to the North Cascades and Skagit Valley Area
Here you’ll find our area tourism and travel related resources and links. This helpful info can help you plan the perfect trip to the North Cascades and the surrounding area. If you’re looking for recreational ideas, be sure to visit our Recreation page. If you’re a local looking for community resources and contact info, visit our Community Resources page.
- Go Anacortes: Local Newspaper
- Anacortes Chamber of Commerce: Crown jewel of Fidalgo Island, easternmost of the San Juan Islands
- Burlington Chamber of Commerce: Crossroads of the Skagit Valley
- La Conner Chamber of Commerce: The elements for a perfect getaway
- Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce: Start your adventure here
- Sedro Woolley Chamber Of Commerce: Gateway to the North Cascades
- Winthrop Chamber of Commerce: Our neighbors over the hill
- Skagit Valley Tourism: Everything you need to know for exploring Skagit County.
- SKAT – Skagit Valley Transit: Look here for Skagit Valley public transportation news and schedules.
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival: All the news and information you need to enjoy the festival.
State and Federal Travel Info
- Washington State Tourism – North Cascades: Official site of Washington State Tourism
- Washington State Parks & Recreation: Official Washington State Parks & Recreation Site. Visit Rasar State Park in Concrete and Rockport State Park in nearby Rockport.
- United States Forest Service: 100 years of caring for the land and caring for people
- United States Fish And Wildlife: Conserving the Nature of America
- Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife: Sound Stewardship of Washington’s Fish & Wildlife
- WSDOT – Washington State Travel Alerts: Current road conditions.
- Waterfalls of the Pacific Northwest: Comprehensive waterfall hiking guide and photo archive
North Cascades Information
- Cascade Loop (Scenic Highway): Washington State’s Scenic Loop Highway
- Mount Baker Experience – Events Calendar: A ‘What’s Happening’ calendar of events on and around the mountain
- Mount Baker Highway: State Highway 542 – A Scenic Byway in Washington State
- Mount Baker Snow Report: Get the latest weather and trail conditions on the slopes of Mt. Baker
- North Cascades National Park: Your on-line North Cascades National Park Headquarters Information Station
- Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Road Conditions for North Cascades Passes
- Seattle City Light – Skagit Tours: Welcome to Seattle City Light’s Skagit River Hydroelectric Project
- Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group: Involving Communities in Restoring Watersheds of Skagit County, the San Juan Islands and Northern Whidbey Island